Hip Hop Is My Life

On: Sunday, June 22, 2008

Just a quick, personal thought...

I know that lately I been blogging all about music and that's cool cuz music IS my passion but if you are one of those people that has been reading my blog for the last few years then you know Thee Life of 118 is about a lot more than just music. If you have been reading since Day 1 then you know that my blog can get really random at times lol I definitely want to go back to that but the thing is that people are coming to Thee Life of 118 to listen to all the hottest music and to read what I have to say about it, and I am extremely proud of that. I don't want to seem stuck up or anything like that but I take a lot of pride in my knowledge about music and I believe that when it comes to Hip Hop and Hip Hop culture, I'm a pretty reliable and credible source because my life really does revolve around the music. Artists like Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, The Game, and Bump J as corny as its about to sound, ARE a big part of my everyday life. Not a day goes by that I don't listen to Hip Hop. As a matter of fact my life would be really unfulfilling if Hip Hop and Hip Hop culture was not incorporated into it. Life without Hip Hop is not a life I would like to live and THAT my brothas and sistas, is REAL TALK.

I got a text from one of my readers today telling me I should change the name of my blog to something that has to do with music since this blog has pretty much turned into a Hip Hop blog. I appreciate the comment and all but my answer to that is this right here: If music really IS my life, then isn't the name of my blog justified? Take a minute to think about that.

118 Thee Life of 118, now and forever

0 comments on "Hip Hop Is My Life"